Doors open at 6:00pm, meeting from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
1. What’s new and expected for 2017 and beyond in the IRS Tax Code under the Trump Administration, and how do these changes impact US tax filers living abroad.
2. As an American in Switzerland, what can or should I do in terms of estate planning: last will, living will, power of attorney, prenup, etc.
3. Retirement concerns for Americans wishing to retire in Switzerland or in the US.
4. Financial planning and banking issues for Americans overseas.
5. What is ACA and how it helps Americans overseas.
6. Over an hour of Q & A time.
The Speakers are:
Guillaume Grisel -- Guillaume is a Swiss attorney and partner at Bonnard and Lawson. He works in international estate and tax planning in Switzerland. He has developed many estate plans and done tax planning and compliance work over the last few years. He holds a Ph.D. in international law and a LL.M. from Cambridge University.
Kenneth Freshman (CPA) -- Ken is a US based tax advisor who heads up the Global Tax Services Group at KLR in Boston. He is a CPA/attorney with an LL.M. degree in taxation from Boston University. He works with numerous US expats including many based in Switzerland.
Jonathan Lachowitz (CFP®) -- Jonathan is a Board Memberof ACA; Certified Financial Planner in the US and Switzerland and owner of White Lighthouse Investment Management in Lausanne and Lexington, MA. Jonathan has written extensively on personal finance for the Wall Street Journal.
On-line Registration is preferred:
Please register in advance. No Charge for ACA Members who register in advance, US$ 30 per person online for non-members registering at Eventbrite: aca-town-hall-evening-geneva-2017.eventbrite.com
Donation at the door: Attendees who have not registered in advance online can pay with a donation of CHF 35 at the door.
Limited non-reserved seating. Please register as soon as possible.
For further information please contact: Roland Crimfirstname.lastname@example.org
The ACA Global Foundation ("ACAGF") is the sister organization of American Citizens Abroad, Inc. ("ACA"), which supports education and research on issues affecting Americans abroad.
Disclaimer: ACAGF and ACA Inc are not responsible for any advice given at this event.
© 2021 American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation. All rights reserved.
2001 L Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036