Doors open at 6:30pm, meeting from 7:00pm to 9:30pm
1. What's new for 2016 in the US Tax code and how does that impact overseas Filers?
2. As an American in Switzerland, what can or should I do with respect to writing a Last Will & Testament?
3. The top ten personal financial challenges for Americans in Switzerland and how to address them.
Over an hour of Q&A in order to answer your questions about being an American Citizen living overseas.
The speakers include:
Michael Mettler – Michael started his career with one of the big six (now four) accounting firms, and has worked in the US, the Middle East and Europe providing tax advice to Americans. Michael is a US CPA and director at TaxPro Sàrl in Geneva.
Guillaume Grisel - Guillaume deals with cases involving estate planning, international tax and banking most often between Switzerland and the US. He has been involved in developing many estate plans and US voluntary disclosures over the last few years. He holds a Ph.D. in international law and a LL.M. from Cambridge University and is a lawyer with Bonnard Lawson.
Jonathan Lachowitz – Jonathan is a Board Member of ACA and a former board member of the Swiss Financial Planning Organization; Certified Financial Planner™ in the US and Switzerland and owner of White Lighthouse Investment Management specialized in investment management and financial planning for Americans living in Switzerland.
Registration for the Town Hall Evening:
1. Please register in advance - US$ 30 per person online registration at Eventbrite.
2. At the door the donation is CHF 35 per person.
Limited non-reserved seating Please register as soon as possible.
The ACA Global Foundation is the sister organization of ACA Inc and is a supporter of education and research on issues affecting Americans abroad.
Disclaimer: ACAGF and ACA Inc are not responsible for any advice given at this event.
Event flyer (pdf)
© 2021 American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation. All rights reserved.
2001 L Street, NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036